The Only U.S. Manufacturer of Heat-Treated DTIs | Applied Bolting
Applied Bolting Technology Products, LLC
Applied Bolting Technology Products, established in 1994, is the only U.S. manufacturer of heat treated Direct Tension Indicators (DTIs) in accordance with ASTM, AISC, RCSC, and the United States Fastener Quality Act of 1999. Our DTIs are manufactured and tested to satisfy the compression requirements of all applicable specifications (ASTM, ASME, BS, EN, etc.) and are an acceptable bolt tensioning method by all modern structural standards.
Applied Bolting's DuraSquirt® DTIs are an integral part of structural fastening system that readily illustrates when structural bolts are properly tightened. Our DuraSquirt® DTIs are used throughout the construction industry by most of the world's largest and most successful engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) firms, such as Bechtel, Fluor, CB&I, Samsung E&C, etc. These companies, and others like them, realize that large industrial construction projects can be halted completely by something as simple as tightening bolts so they routinely require our DuraSquirt® DTIs to be used on all their slip-critical/friction and pretensioned connections in order to ensure the structural integrity of their designs is not compromised.
Applied Bolting's DTIs are available in imperial sizes from 1/2" up to 1-1/2" and metric Sizes M12 to M36 as described by ASTM F959, BS 7644 and EN 14399 (the DuraSquirt® feature of our DuraSquirt® DTIs is covered by ASME 18.2.6). Our DTIs are manufactured for use with F3125, A325, A490, 8.8 and 10.9 bolts and available in several finishes such as galvanize(Mechanical and Thermal), Fluorocote, Xylan, Type 3 steel, and plain finish.
Additional unique details regarding Applied Bolting Technology Products.:
- We are the only DTI manufacturer that posts all material certifications on the internet for complete traceability instantly for every part we manufacture.
- We are the only U.S. DTI manufacturer that hardens its DTIs per ASTM F959, B7644, EN14399, AASHTO, AISC and RCSC Specifications as well as the U.S. Fastener Quality Act of 1999.
- We are the only U.S. DTI manufacturer with stock levels between 3 and 6 million pieces within our onsite 15000cf warehouse.
- Our stock levels, available inventory, and constant production allow us to ship an order the same day it is received 90% of the time.
- The results of our efforts to provide proactive education regarding structural bolting is routinely referenced by large EPC companies, structural organizations (AISC) and publications (Modern Steel, ENR, etc.).
Our company is permanently staffed by Applications Engineers, Expediting Specialists, Laboratory Personnel as well as all the required support personnel necessary to maintain a world class modern manufacturing facility. Construction Professionals can be confident that material specified and procured from Applied Bolting Technology Products is the highest quality available, delivered promptly, and supported completely.