The SQUIRTER® DTIs Sandwich is an assembly made for tensioning anchor bolts, easily.
These assemblies can be used directly against concrete or slotted holes. Possible applications are concrete crash barriers, bridge bearings, high mast light poles, sign structures and transmission poles.
The components of the SQUIRTER® DTIs Sandwich:
- An F436 flat washer
- Special load SQUIRTER® DTIs
- A 1/4" thick plate washer (which can be used on non-standard holes and materials other than steel)
Tension Loads Available
Standard assemblies are calibrated to squirt at the following bolt tensions: (custom loads available on request)
|5/8"||13 -17 Kips||1"||36 - 45 Kips|
|3/4"||20 - 25 Kips||1-1/8"||39 - 47 Kips|
|7/8"||27 - 33 Kips||1 1/4"||50 - 62 Kips|
|1 1/2"||70 - 89 Kips|
Benefits of SQUIRTER® DTIs Sandwiches
The hole in the base plate can be torch cut, oversized or slotted, the SQUIRTER® DTIs still works.
Tension in the anchor bolt at Squirt is set lower than with standard high strength bolts.
- Tension is independent of the torque resistance of the nut
- Visually inspectable. It's easy to see the bolt has been properly tensioned. Just look for the Squirt
- Reduces liability. You know something has been done to put tensioned the anchor bolts.
- Allows OSHA sign-off for anchor bolt tightening
- Reliability: you can tell the bolt has been tensioned regardless of torque
- Anyone can do it
- Inexpensive, call for a price quote